The Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) may release data from HealthFacts RI, Rhode Island's All-Payer Claims Database (RI APCD) to a person or organization engaged in improving, evaluating or otherwise measuring health care provided to members.
Standard claims extracts require a full application and review process. To request standard extracts:
1. Review the PDF copy of the online application and gather all necessary documentation before beginning the online application. PLEASE NOTE: YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO THIS ONLINE APPLICATION ONCE YOU HAVE BEGUN.
2. Complete this online application.
3. Attach a signed Data Use Agreement to this application.
4. Complete the Application Fee Remittance form and mail check to RIDOH (see Application Fee information below).
5. Once application and fee are received, a member of the HealthFacts RI team will contact you regarding any issues with your application and next steps.
6. The application is posted to http://www.health.ri.gov/data/healthfactsri/ for public comment for at least 10 business days.
7. The RI APCD Data Release Review Board reviews the application to ensure patient privacy is protected, and makes a recommendation to the RIDOH Director.
8. The Director approves or denies the request based on the Board’s recommendation.
9. If approved, applicant completes the Data Acquisition Fee Remittance Form and mails in a check for the data acquisition fee to RIDOH.
10. The State transfers extract(s) to the applicant (30-45 days after request is approved).
FORMS AND ATTACHMENTS : All forms and application attachments associated with standard extracts can be found at http://www.health.ri.gov/data/healthfactsri. Please submit all attachments in document or PDF format. The following file types are not accepted: .html, .exe, .dll, .php, .php3 or .phps. Attachments are limited to 10 MB.
APPLICATION FEE: Along with submission of the online application, all applicants must mail in the Application Fee Remittance Form and a non-refundable $100 application fee (in the form of a check). DATA REQUESTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNTIL BOTH THE ELECTRONIC APPLICATION AND THE REMITTANCE FORM/APPLICATION FEE ARE RECEIVED. The Application Fee Remittance Form and mailing address can be found on the RIDOH HealthFacts RI webpage (www.health.ri.gov/data/healthfactsri).
DATA RELEASE REVIEW BOARD: Once the application is submitted and payment is received, a member of the HealthFacts RI team will contact you regarding next steps. All applications are reviewed by the APCD Data Release Review Board, which meets monthly. The Board reviews requests to ensure patient privacy will be adequately protected by evaluating the following criteria:
-Appropriate privacy and security protections are in place to protect patient privacy
-Applicant will adhere to cell size suppression policy
-Access to data is necessary to achieve project's intended goals (there is an obvious link between project and data)
-Applicant is qualified to protect and responsibly handle data
This review is strictly for privacy protection purposes and is not a scientific review. Applicants are encouraged to attend the Board meeting during which their application is being reviewed.
DATA ACQUISITION FEE:
If your request for APCD data is approved, a member of the RI APCD team will contact you about payment. Applicants should refer to the fees listed on the RIDOH HealthFacts RI webpage (www.health.ri.gov/data/healthfactsri) prior to submitting their applications.
For questions regarding the data request process or this application, please contact DOH.HealthFactsRI@health.ri.gov or Alyssa Ursillo, APCD Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-243-9509 Ext. 204.
Per the RI APCD Regulations, parts of this application will be posted on the RIDOH HealthFacts RI website for public comment.
Questions marked with * are required.